Wearing contact lenses is a common daily task for many people. While it may take some practice, it can become easy once you master the correct technique. Here’s a brief explanation on how to wear contact lenses:
How To Put in Contact Lenses
Proper care and storage of contact lenses require two things:
- Contact lenses must be stored in a solution unless they are daily disposable lenses. The solution can clean and disinfect the lenses.
- Dispose of contact lenses according to the recommended schedule. Most contact lenses come in three types: daily, weekly, or monthly. Do not wear expired contact lenses.
Step 1：Thoroughly wash your hands with soap.
Remember to rinse off any soap residue completely. Dry your hands with a clean towel or a dryer (using a tissue may leave particles). This step is very important, as according to survey data, over 95% of eye discomfort and infections caused by wearing contact lenses come from unsanitary handling.
Step 2： Take out one contact lens from the box. If the lenses are for left and right eyes, make sure not to mix them up.
Step 3: Place the lens on the tip of your index finger of your dominant hand (be careful not to damage or invert the lens).
- Make sure the concave side is facing up and the edges are not stuck to your skin.
- Use the pad of your finger, not your fingertip. You can also put some solution on your finger beforehand.
- If the lens is soft, make sure it is not inside out.
- Before inserting the lens, check for any tears, cleanliness, and completeness. If there is any debris or dust, clean it with solution.
Step 4: Gently pull your upper and lower eyelids apart.
Step 5：Insert the contact lens into your eye
Calmly and steadily insert the contact lens into your eye without blinking or twitching. It is best to look upward and avoid focusing with the eye into which you are inserting the lens.
Step 6：Gently place the lens onto your eye
Step 7：Slowly blink your eyes
Step 8: Then use the same method to wear the other lens. Afterward, empty the contact lens solution from the case into the sink and cover the lid.